Sudanese Peace Music Festival in Frankfurt/ Offenbach, Hafen 2
The Sudanese Peace Music Festival (SPMF ) – 13 July – Offenbach, Germany
Is a FREE-entry event to raise awareness of events currently unfolding in Sudan, and in support of a global call for a peaceful transition to civilian rule. This event will also coincide with a million woman and man march in Khartoum, major Sudanese cities and around the world.
We at SPMF would like to take this opportunity to celebrate the universality of human rights by organizing this open-air music event which will feature four Sudanese musicians, and four musicians from Germany and the EU. Together, we can leverage our voices into a powerful movement in support of the Sudanese people’s rightful call for civilian government and democratic representation.
We are grateful that we get to hold this event in Offenbach, which is a cultural melting pot, and equally, appreciate the support and backing of fellow non-Sudanese musicians. Their voice alongside ours, allows us to position our concern as a global humanitarian issue rather than a regional African concern, or ‘just another’ third world crisis.
Equally important in our eyes is the intent to use this event to deepen the rich intercultural dialogue that exists between Sudan, Germany, Europe and the US, by providing a vibrant culturally immersive experience via first-hand access to Sudanese musicians, artists, entrepreneurs, public media figures, academics and more.
On the day you can expect to experience the following:
· Live musical performances by Sudanese, German and European musicians
· A live artistic performance by Hassan Musa entitled ‘Blood is thicker than water’, a renowned artist who is joining us from France, to commemorate fallen martyrs
· An exhibition of Sudanese art by some of the country’s most prestigious artists, photography from the sit-in at Khartoum, and other revolutionary expressions of art
· Product showcases by inspiring African social entrepreneurs
· Access to Hafen 2’s excellent food and dining facilities
· Activities for children, and a lovely view of the Main!
Our vision is to give musicians and Sudanese artists a stage to perform in front of a hopefully very enthusiastic crowd, whilst further deepening the rich bond between Germany, EU, US, and Sudan. So that we can all appreciate the gift of life and enjoy a festival of peace. We expect a couple of hundred people to attend this free festival.
Given that this is a free event, we are relying on fundraising support from your kind selves, and others who care and are interested in supporting democracy, peace, and the creative arts in Sudan and the world at large.
With your generous support, we will do the following:
· Cover the flights and trains of our visiting Sudanese musicians and artists
· Cover any additional accommodation needs beyond the free rooms that have been generously provided by the Lindley Lindenberg Hotel and the MOXY Frankfurt East
· Cover food, beverage and incidental charges for the musicians and artists
· Videography inc. Drone & Post Production to ensure continuity of the message
· Rental of LCD Screens, Projectors and Speakers
· Printing of promotional materials (flyers, printouts)
· Undertake a professional upgrade of the website to build a knowledge base as part of the ‘get woke’ section and the enhance the ‚Remember our Martyrs’ section
Any remaining fundraiser proceeds will be donated in support of democratic media, efforts to raise awareness and to support the ongoing development of SPMF into a long term project that will provide an apolitical forum for Sudanese creatives, and like-minded individuals to meet, discuss and cross-fertilize.
Thank you for your love, support, and backing! Your voice means the world to us!
– Hussam El Tayeb, Mohamed Dardiri, and Uwe Schober
* SPMF has been made possible thanks to the generous support and backing of fimshare – Finance in Motion ’s employee-run charity association, Ostinato Records, Habibi Funk, Lindley Lindenberg Hotel, MOXY Frankfurt East, OFOF Café Bar and many many more.
* We would also like to thank our dedicated core organizational team that have worked tirelessly to make this dream a reality. A big shout out to Abby & David, Liisa, Daniëlle, Sara S., Larissa, Sakran, Eric, Anabel, Steffen, Jakob, Allie, Denys, Matteo, Jessica, Petar, Mostafa
* We are also very grateful to our mentors, and partners in success. A special word of thanks to Khalid Albaih, Galal Yousif, Muaz Osman, Zaki Al Maboren, Vik Sohonie, Jannis Stürtz, and Rick Valicenti